Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Home Under Mount Caledon; Inspired by Port Gamble, Washington

My little Victorian Home, located in Second Life's Caledon on Sea, sits high against Mt. Caledon. When I first saw the parcel my home sits upon, I was in love with Mt. Caledon. The challenge was in how to place a home on the parcel without doing anything to the mountain. The answer presented itself when, in RL, I was driving through Port Gamble, Washington and saw the Victorian homes all sitting along a hill with tall foundations and long staircases leading up to the homes--it was the perfect solution. Now, not only does my home fit nicely without my having had to change the mountain, I have breath taking views. And if you stop by, be sure to check out the family of ducks which have moved into the pond behind the house--very cute!!

2 comments:

Batou said...

Beautiful abode and a supurb choice, madam! I also have had the opportunity to see the Victorians in Port Gamble, and shouldn't be suprised that one is in SL!

Unknown said...

that's a lovely house, Lady Tammas